sorrir em duas línguas...

16/01/09

Catarina convida…

Catarina Massadas Nascimento  (9ºA)

summer holidays My holidays are always the same. I always stay at home waiting for my mother to arrive. Sometimes it’s great to spend some time by myself and to think about what I like or just sing alone knowing no one will hear me, but I’ve always wanted something more.

When my summer holidays started, my best friend told me of a contest to win a flight and the best accommodation at a five-star hotel. I never expected to win, but I did. I was so excited about it! I had to choose someone to go with me, so I picked my best friend, just to be fair with her; after all, she had told me about the contest. I also wanted her to be with me because it’s hard to spend some time with her.

My mom was suspicious about the trip, but I convinced her just by saying that I hardly go out. I packed my stuff and put my favourite clothes in my bag.

My mother thinks I’m still a child, so she was very worried. When we got to the airport, my best friend Rita and her mother were waiting. Rita’s mother told us our favourite band was going to have some concerts in the USA, in California, and gave us some money to go on our own.. We got all hyper and happy. We were going to have such a good time together!

The flight was horrible. I had a huge stomachache and it was such a mess… Besides, the food was terrible. But I didn’t mind it that much. We met Mandy, an American girl our age. She was going back home. We switched phone numbers to keep in touch. We arrived quickly, as I was sleeping almost all the flight time.

The weather in California was amazing, sunny and hot. Our hotel was in Los Angeles. Rita and I took loads of pictures to remember our holiday.

The concert was the day after we arrived, so we bought the tickets and waited until the time came. We were with our hearts beating so fast I couldn’t tell and the concert was amazing!

                                            (Enviado por Sandra Vieira)

(Imagem daqui)

4 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Escreves bem, pah. parabens. Beijo. És a miúda da foto?
Pedro.

Tiz disse...

Holidays could be always the same, and sometimes boring but I´m shure that every year there is something special in your memories.....;)

Beatriz ( Congratulations. Very good blog!!)

Anónimo disse...

Hi, Beatriz, thanks for commenting. Catarina's blog is also YOUR blog.
joao de miranda m.

Anónimo disse...

Olá! Parece que tens muito para partilhar connosco! Obrigada! Em Português ou em Inglês, os teus convites para entrar nos teus textos são muito apelativos.
Carla Silva